Consider all. Test All. Hold on to the good.
Good Taste, Bad Taste, and Christian Taste
Frank Burch Brown (Oxford University Press: Feb 20, 2003), 336 pages.
Table of Contents
- Prologue: Religious Taste ix
One Good Taste, Bad Taste, and Christian Taste 3
- Two Art in Christian Traditions 26
- Three From the Love of Religion to the Love of Art 62
- Four The Taste for Art and the Thirst for God 95
- Five Kitsch, Sacred and Profane: The Question of Quality 128
- Six Ecumenical Taste: The Case for Music 160
- Seven Making Sacred Places, and Making Places Sacred 199
- Eight Styles and Stages of Faith and Art I: The Next Stage 217
- Nine Styles and Stages of Faith and Art II: Practicing Christianity Artfully 252
- Index 301