Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn’t mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.
- Edward R. Murrow on Truth Most truths are so naked that people feel sorry for them and cover them up, at least a little bit.
- Edward R. Murrow on Politicians The politician in my country seeks votes, affection and respect, in that order. With few notable exceptions, they are simply men who want to be loved.
- Edward R. Murrow on Truth in Politics The politician is trained in the art of inexactitude. His words tend to be blunt or rounded, because if they have a cutting edge they may later return to wound…
- Edward R. Murrow on Dissent We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it.
- Sean Davis on the Seriousness of Fabricating Quotes These are not ticky-tack fouls. In the world of publishing and public speaking, quotes are evidence. Quotes are to journalism what data are to science. If they’re not real, they’re…