Consider all. Test All. Hold on to the good.
Who Chose the Gospels? Probing the Great Gospel Conspiracy
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Drowning in a Sea of Gospels
- 1. The Proof is in the Papyri: Gospel Bestsellers from Egyptian Garbage Dumps
- 2. Silencing the Bishop, Part I: The Lonely Irenaeus
- 3. Silencing the Bishop, Part II: The Ugly Irenaeus
- 4. Irenaeus’ ‘Co-conspirators’: Clement, Serapion, and a Canon-list-maker
- 5. ‘Packaging’ the Gospels: of Harmonies, Synopses, and Codices
- 6. Preaching and Teaching the Gospels: Justin Martyr and the Apostles’ Memoirs
- 7. Justin’s ‘Co-conspirators’: The Gospels as Public Documents
- 8. Some ‘Proto-conspirators’: Two Forgers and an Apologist
- 9. Some ‘Co-proto-conspirators’: The Apostolic Fathers
- 10. The Search for an ‘Arch-conspirator’: A Bishop, an Elder, and an Elderly Apostle
- 11. Who Chose the Gospels?
- Appendix: Dates of the earliest manuscripts of the canonical Gospels Glossary Index